The 23rd annual Providence Fine Furnishings Show was held Nov. 9-11, 2018, at the Waterfire Arts Center, a new venue for the event, in Providence, R.I.
The show featured handcrafted furniture and other items by about 100 juried exhibitors from around the country, primarily the northeast. Show director Karla Little reported an increase of 18 exhibitors from the previous show.
“As always, some exhibitors had record sales, some did very well, some good, some not. I have already heard of orders and commissions that have come through with more expected. I am currently swamped with inquiries from artists and craftsmen who want in for next year,” says Little.
Fine Furnishings presented awards to:
- Fieldstone Artistry in Wurtsboro, N.Y., for Best Furniture Design
- My Workshop in Boonton, N.J., for Best Furniture Craftsmanship
- Owl Furniture in Stonington, Maine, for Best Furniture Inspiration
- Lindsey Epstein Potter of Tiverton, R.I., for Best Accessory
- Sean Schieber Fine Furnishings in New Market, Md., for Best Fine Art/Craft
- Paul Hahn Designs in Granby, Conn., won the Marc Harrison Award for Marketing Excellence
- Aspen Golann of North Bennet Street School won the Student Award for Best Traditional Piece
- Harry Cassell of Rhode Island School of Design won the Student Award for Best Modern Piece
For more, visit www.finefurnishingsshow.com.
This article originally appeared in the January 2019 issue