The National Association of the Remodeling Industry's fourth-quarter Remodeling Business Pulse data of current and future remodeling business conditions experienced significant growth across all indicators, with forecasting in the next three months hitting its all-time highest level.
“Remodelers are indicating major growth in the future, with many saying that clients are feeling more stable in their financial future and their employment situations; therefore, they are spending more freely on remodeling needs,” Tom O’Grady, chairman of the association’s strategic planning and research committee and president of O’Grady Builders, said in a statement.
Growth indicators in the last quarter of 2012 are as follows:
• Current business conditions up 2.1 percent since last quarter.
• Number of inquiries up 3.9 percent since last quarter.
• Requests for bids up 3.7 percent since last quarter.
• Conversion of bids to jobs up 3.5 percent since last quarter.
• Value of jobs sold is up 4.3 percent since last quarter.