The Wood Products Manufacturers Association will feature an educational seminar on “Green 101” at its annual meeting, scheduled for Oct. 22-25 at the Portland Regency Hotel and Spa in Portland, Maine.
A panel of experts, including representatives from the Forest Stewardship Council, Sustainable Forestry Initiative, and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification organizations, and woodworking business owners will discuss the following topics:
- What is “green” and how do you become “green?”
- Chain of custody
- The certification process
- Costs involved with certification
- Return on investment: what and where is the return on my investment?
- Sources of certified materials
- Is “green” the right way to go for your company?
- Different types of certification
- New “green” finishing materials
For information, visit www.wpma.org.