An updated edition of “Wood Handbook: Wood as an Engineering Material,” which includes several new chapters, is available from the Forest Products Laboratory.
The new chapters cover:
• Wood as an environmentally responsible, sustainable building material
• Heat-treating and sterilization procedures for wood infected by invasive insect species
• Low-magnification micrographs of cross sections in color of commercial wood species
The handbook, first published in 1935, also features information on:
• Properties of wood and wood-based products
• Design information for architects and engineers
• Wood and non-wood composites
• Wood-moisture relationships and wood durability
A hard copy and CD of the handbook sells for $60. To order, visit www.forestprod.org/handbook.