The Wood Component Manufacturers Association will hold its 2011 Fall Conference & Plant Tour event Oct. 2-4 in the Louisville, Ky.
The conference will feature educational sessions designed to help dimension and component manufacturers improve their businesses, according to the association. WCMA members and technology partners will participate in several educational sessions and roundtable discussions planned for attendees to learn more about the proposed hardwood check-off program and get an update on the WCMA’s product costing project.
The WCMA’s Wood Technology Expo will be held in conjunction with the conference.
The plant tours are designed to encourage an open exchange of ideas regarding the latest woodworking production techniques. Attendees will be able to observe actual applications of new technology and visualize how they might apply them in their own plants.
The plant tours are scheduled at:
• Anderson Wood Products Co. in Louisville, Ky.
• Northland Corp. in LaGrange, Ky.
• Cox Interior Inc. in Campbellsville, Ky.
• Independent Stave Company/Kentucky Cooperage in Lebanon, Ky.
• Kitchen Kompact in Jeffersonville, Ind.
• Lebanon Oak Flooring Co. in Lebanon, Ky.
• VT Industries in New Albany, Ind.
• Maker’s Mark Distillery Inc. in Loretto, Ky.
Collectively, these companies can produce a wide variety of wood products from lumber and rough dimension and components to fully finished cabinets, moldings, millwork, flooring, and barrel staves.
For information, visit www.woodcomponents.org.