The field of 80 woodworking products that were up for the IWF Challenger Awards was narrowed down to 21 finalists. The finalists cover a variety of product categories, from machinery to finishing to hardware.
The winners will be announced Aug. 22, the opening day of IWF 2012, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Seven winners will be recognized all four days of the event in a highly visible display area on the show floor. The special area will provide buyers and the media information about the 2012 finalists and winners.
The Challengers Award recognizes advancements in technology or significant contributions to environmental improvement and focuses on companies that have distinguished themselves by developing innovative technology in products, materials, supplies and services.
The finalists are:
• Accu-Systems Inc. for the panel sizing and squaring machine
• Bessey Tools North America for the auto-adjust toggle clamp
• Biesse America for the automated nestling cell
• Blum Inc. for Tandem plus Blumotion
• Cim-Tech for Solid-CIM 3-D
• Giben America Inc. for Prisma6000 ECOtech
• Hafele America Co. for Frontino
• James L. Taylor Mfg., JLT Clamps and Cameron Automation for the Cameron flooring nester
• Kanefusa USA Inc. for the U-formed planer head and knife
• Martin Woodworking Machines Corp. for the T75 sliding table saw
• Miltec UV for gloss control UV finishing
• Newman Machine Co. for the EQ3 equalizing module
• SD Machinery for MagPi
• Stiles Machinery for the Venjakob automatic coating change system and Weeke vertical machining center
• Techniks Inc. for the Atemag Extra Plus Aggregate
• TigerStop LLC for SawGear with Crown+MiterPro
• Timesavers Inc. for the CNC profile sander
• Tisfoon Ulterior Systems for the Tisfoon scanner
• Voorwood Co. for the A11 table shaper/sander
• Weinig/Holz-Her for the Weinig Cube
For booth information, visit www.iwfatlanta.com.