Nineteen finalists, representing eight high schools and seven colleges, will have their work exhibited in the “Turning to the Future” student competition at the 2017 AWFS fair in Las Vegas.
Finalists were selected based design innovation or quality of execution of a known style, craftsmanship, functionality, craftsmanship and aesthetics.
The winners will be announced Friday, July 21, at the Student Awards Reception on the show floor stage.
High school finalists
• Ryan Austin – Francis Parker School, San Diego
• Vince Cianfichi – North Pocono High School (Covington Township, Pa.)
• Judah Costello and Misha Finley – North Salem High School (Salem, Ore.)
• Colin Davis – Cedar Ridge High School (Hillsborough, N.C.)
• Justin Fiaschetti – Delaware Regional High School (Frenchtown, N.J.)
• Todd Halleman – Newberg High School (Newberg, Ore.)
• Tristan McIntyre and Bryce Phillips – Red Creek Central (Red Creek, N.Y.)
• Vivek Patel – Mustang High School (Mustang, Okla.)
• Ian Anderson, Amy Costello and Scott Davies – Brigham Young University
• Kailee Bosch – Colorado State University
• Robert Caridi – Northern Michigan University
• Lila Ferber – Kansas City Art Institute
• Tyler Gaston – University of Pennsylvania
• Brandon Lucus – Western Piedmont Community College
• Emily MacCloud – Rhode Island School of Design