There has been another gruesome story circulating about someone getting seriously injured while using (or misusing) a woodworking tool.
In this case it was a hand-held power carving unit. The guy using it lost control and ended up nearly getting his throat cut.
According to a report, the guy was holding the grinder in his right hand and a bowl in his left. When he touched the grinder to the bowl, it left his right hand, struck his left hand, hit his chin, then left a nasty gash around his neck to just below his right ear.
The injured party has been very forthright in admitting that he had read the safety precautions that accompanied the tool and then proceeded to ignore them.
It's another reminder to us all to be aware of and protect ourselves from the hazards of what we do without a second thought every day.