DeWalt begins cordless tool production in U.S.

DeWalt says it expanded its product offerings built in the U.S. using global materials to include more than 600 different cordless power tools, hand tools and accessories.

“Our users are professional contractors and builders themselves. When given the option, most prefer to spend their money on a product that is built in the U.S.A. because it’s in line with what they do on a daily basis – building America,” DeWalt Professional Tools president Frank Mannarino said in a statement. “There’s a great deal of pride that goes into making things at home — we’re thrilled to bring some jobs back to the US and reconnect with our users.”

DeWalt says it began production of its first line of American-built cordless power tools in its Charlotte Manufacturing Operations facility in early October.

Comments (9)
9 Saturday, 16 November 2013 05:08
Ed Thiessen
Is Charlotte Manufacturing Operations located in Charlotte No Carolina?
8 Friday, 15 November 2013 20:22
Dan Rosenberg
Good on DeWalt. I rarely buy any tool made in Asia. Has nothing to do with quality - - it's about politics. I have many times spent 2-3 times US $'s for a tool made here rather than offshore. I'd love to see Rigid and Millwaukie move back to USA manufacturing. I want the money I spend to go to American workers and American companies. Thanks, Dan
7 Friday, 15 November 2013 00:00
Russell Riscoe
I infer from the first sentence of this announcement that the tools will be "assembled" in the US using global materials, not actually manufactured. Unless my assumption is incorrect. Sourcing from US made vendors would seem to be more appropriate if you are claiming built in the US.
6 Thursday, 14 November 2013 23:47
Dwight Williams
I buy DeWalt now for quality. Now I have a better reason. I hope they produce all they can over here. I'll keep buying. It's one of the first things I look for on a package.
5 Thursday, 14 November 2013 22:28
Jim Davenport
Mr. Mannarino should try to speak to whoever now runs Milwaukee Electric Tool, I might still be working
4 Thursday, 14 November 2013 21:00
Mark Koons
DeWalt building tools in the US is wonderful news. It will be interesting to see how that plays out: pricing, quality, market acceptance and just what kind of employment situations result.

Congratulations all around!
3 Thursday, 14 November 2013 19:59
N. Raymond Day
As the owner of a niche woodworking business, I am pleased to say everything is made in my shop. So it is indeed made in the USA.

Welcome back home, DeWalt!
2 Thursday, 14 November 2013 19:33
Dave
Love Dewalt products, great quality!
1 Thursday, 14 November 2013 19:32
Dave
Love Dewalt products, great qualkity!