- Introduction to Turning
- 06/01/09 - 06/05/09
- Center for Furniture Craftsmanship - Rockport
This course is designed for the novice turner. Instruction addresses spindle work (turned between centers) and bowl and platter forms (turned on faceplates.) Participants gain experience and confidence to continue their exploration of turning when they return home.
Through demonstration and one-on-one instruction, Stephen teaches:
- sharpening and use of gouges, skew chisels, scraping tools, and parting tools
- lathe safety
- selection of materials
- dynamic cutting techniques which surpass scraping and sanding
- turning of spindles
- turning bowls in green wood
- Center for Furniture Craftsmanship - Website
- 25 Mill St.
EventList powered by schlu.net